Introduction – Kelly Gebauer

Hello all, my name is Kelly Gebauer and based on what I have read so far I am one of the younger and less career experienced participants in this course, which is great because I look forward to learning from all of you.

I live in Healy, AK, and have been an Alaskan for the past 17 years, but I am originally from Michigan, the upper penisula.   I was a Yooper, if you like.

I have a BA in elementary education (2011) and when I graduate this December I will be certified to teach K-12 (Internship done in 2013-14), be highly qualified in English, and have my M.Ed in seconday education.   It has been a long bumpy road and I am looking forward to being done and getting on with my teaching career.

I am taking this course to satisfy my elective requirements for my M.Ed and because I have an interest in technology, love to use it, and I have enjoyed the other ONID class I have taken before with Skip Via, Digital Storytelling.   This course was also highly recommended to me.   Who knows maybe someday I will come back and get a second masters in the ONID program :). My personal goal for this course is to broaden my teaching abilities to include being able to teach an online class and to incorporate characteristics of the online class into the K-12 classroom. In simplest terms I want to become a more effective and engaging educator.

Twitter ID: @GebauerKelly   Diigo feed: kellygebauer

6 thoughts on “Introduction – Kelly Gebauer

1. aui

This course was also highly recommended to me. Who knows maybe someday I will come back and get a second masters in the ONID program.

2. ibtimes

International Business Times is the leading provider of business news and financial news from the US and around the world. You can write for us. We allow guest posting.

3. jahannews

I found this is an informative and interesting post so i think so it is very useful and knowledgeable. I would like to thank you for the efforts you have made in writing this article.

4. seraj

wow, great, I was wondering how to cure acne naturally. and found your site by google, learned a lot, now i’m a bit clear. I’ve bookmark your site and also add rss. keep us updated.

Leave a Reply to ibtimes Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *